Operating across 30+ international markets, this banking group boasts a truly global footprint. The retail and banking & financial services teams provides a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
You will be the lead Lawyer in relation to the company’s Credit Card product, working closely with a wide range of business and risk staff across the personal banking business and externally (business partners, regulators and law firms). You will also have the opportunity to work on other consumer credit products and regulatory projects as the need arises.
You will be involved in a variety of legal work; advising on regulation (including interaction with regulators), new initiatives (e.g. product changes and product development), providing legal advice and approval of transactions (reviewing, negotiating, documenting and settling transaction documents) and ensuring compliance with applicable group policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- Highly motivated lawyer seeking to work directly within a business in an advisory and structuring capacity;
- Minimum 7 Yrs. post admission experience in a major law firm or in-house;
- Experience in consumer credit with specialist legal knowledge of regulatory consumer law (e.g. National Consumer Credit Protection Act – NCCP), and credit cards in particular, will be highly regarded;
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills;
- Have the ability, initiative and confidence to work independently.
- You are able to adapt concepts and take a pragmatic, commercial approach.
What you’ll get in return
An opportunity to work with a supportive and dynamic team in a team undergoing significant transformation. As a company that values wellbeing, they offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options.
To Apply please contact Thomas Eckardt on +612 9043 8734 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please click apply below to send us your CV.