Founded in early 2000s, our client is a leading fund manager with footholds spanning APAC, USA and Europe. Due to consistent global growth, they aim to recruit a stand-out Derivatives/Regulatory Lawyer, to oversee all legal matters across the Australia/ New Zealand region.
As a technology-focused and multi-strat firm, the position will see you immersed in a growing business that offers unparalleled career development and supportive culture. As Legal Counsel, you will have responsibility for providing advice to cross-functional teams whilst attaining a leadership role within the organisation.
You will be based out of the Sydney office but report directly to the Head of Legal, in London.
- Negotiating and reviewing trading agreements, brokerage and clearing agreements and platform/exchange agreements;
- Negotiating and reviewing market data agreements with exchanges or market data providers;
- Negotiating and reviewing technology procurement contracts;
- Assisting with the on-boarding of and negotiation of documentation Execution brokers worldwide, assisting Maven’s broker onboarding teams;
- Exchange rulebook reviews to assist with obtaining new exchange memberships;
- Where requested and working with the compliance team – regulatory advice to enable the trading of new products or new markets and jurisdictions;
- Advising on the interpretation and assisting in the implementation of new regulation and legislation in APAC regions and globally where relevant and working closely with the firm’s Local Compliance Officer and his/her team;
- Working closely with the firm’s Tax, finance and business development teams to structure the group and business lines in the region;
- Regularly liaising with business colleagues globally across the firm;
- Assisting with the new launch of new offices and business lines where relevant to your region and globally where resource is needed
- dealing with any other non-trading related legal and contractual issues e.g. employment-related issues, confidentiality agreements, corporate work for the incorporation or maintenance of the firm’s group companies, governance, property law, data privacy/GDPR and a wide range of vendor/service provider agreements; and
- where necessary, liaising with external counsel on any of the above.
- 4 – 8 Yrs. PQE Derivatives/Regulatory Associate who has qualified at a Magic Circle/Silver Circle/Top U.S. law firm
- In-house investment banking or buy-side experience (including secondments) is preferable
- Detailed knowledge of derivatives (ISDA/CSA) and/or trading and brokerage agreements is essential
- Experience with futures/clearing documentation (FIA and ISDA/FOA), exchanges and rulebooks would be desirable
- Experience of the U.K. and E.U/APAC. regulatory environment and its implementation
- Experience of electronic trading issues and venues would be desirable
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives on being out of their comfort zone and dealing with the challenge of areas of law, regulation and financial markets that they have never experienced
- Excellent communication skills. The candidate will be regularly updating management and representing Maven in negotiations
- Problem-solver and commercially minded; one of the requirements of the role is the ability to make decisions quickly whilst mitigating legal and regulatory risk.
- Ability to integrate with our current systems and processes and to help improve them
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Dynamic and flexible work life
- Mix of health/well-being incentives
- Competitive $$
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact in strictest confidence Alex Forsberg +61 450 752 012. Alternatively, email your CV to email@example.com
To Apply please contact Thomas Eckardt on +612 9043 8734 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please click apply below to send us your CV.