Are you interested in working for one of the leading financial services/asset management companies in Australia? Are you a lawyer who is open to international travel when necessary? Are you looking to work in a small, close-knit legal team that is seen as an integral part of the business? Then carry on reading!
This role is with a leading financial services company based in Sydney. The company operates on a global scale and has offices internationally. The company has a good culture that encourages open interaction between the legal, risk, compliance and business operations teams.
Reporting directly into the Head of Legal the successful candidate will be expected to take the lead on projects from day one. A lawyer in this team is expected to be able to provide commercially relevant advice and services across the business, working a wide range of tasks including; fund management, financial services, and corporate governance and compliance.
- Legal Funds Management Experience is essential
- Compliance experience is preferred
- The ability to advising on broader commercial agreements including confidentiality agreements, vendor/supplier agreements, and licence agreements is useful
- Assisting on key strategic projects including new products and regulatory change-driven projects
- Providing advice on legislative change and regulatory developments.
Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years’ post-admission experience
- Current practicing certificate
- Ideally from a top or mid-tier law firm or in-house
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, coupled with the ability to proactively manage stakeholder’s expectations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
This is an opportunity for a lawyer to progress their career in a market leading, innovative team and company. The role will provide the opportunity to grow and develop under leading lawyers and experts in their field, while helping the business work towards it’s strategic and commercial goals.
To apply or for more information please contact Tom Eckardt @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420880835
To Apply please contact Thomas Eckardt on +612 9043 8734 or via email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, please click apply below to send us your CV.