As 2022 comes to an end, and the New Year stands before us – many of us will be thinking about our goals for the future. As Melody Beattie once said “Our New Year is like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written and we can help to write the story by setting goals”
So, what steps can we take this festive season to help us get a new job in 2023?
- Update your CV- Use the Christmas break to prepare your CV with your latest roles and duties. (Remember to explain any career breaks and your reason for leaving previous positions)
- Think carefully about the direction you want your next role to bring you. Career conversations may reduce your likelihood of feeling overwhelmed and ensure you feel supported by the important people in your life
- Research recruitment agencies that specialise in your industry such as EG Consulting for legal professionals and legal support staff. Why should you use one trusted recruiter?
- Email your CV and arrange a meeting/phone call to discuss your options. It is important to be honest about your salary expectations and future career goals- this is confidential and this will assist in finding you the most suitable role
- It is never too early to begin thinking about the interview process- Your recruiter can assist you with interview preparation to enhance your confidence
- Relax and enjoy your holidays knowing that you have already taken steps to assist you to meet your 2023 goals