Magellan Financial Group Limited (Magellan) is an ASX100 publicly listed funds management firm located in Sydney with over $50 billion of funds under management. Magellan manages global investment funds for high net worth, retail and institutional investors in Australia and New Zealand, as well as for institutional investors in other regions of the world including North America, the United Kingdom, Europe and Asia.
Magellan is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel with 7-10 years’ funds management or financial services experience.
Reporting to Magellan’s Chief Legal Officer the successful candidate will be responsible for providing commercially relevant legal advice and services across Magellan’s business units on a diverse range of funds management and corporate issues. Duties broadly will include:
- Negotiating and drafting documentation across the spectrum of retail and institutional funds management agreements including platform agreements, rebate agreements, investment management agreements, sub-advisory agreements, ISDAs and CSAs.
- Advising on broader commercial agreements including confidentiality agreements, vendor/supplier agreements and licence agreements.
- Assisting on key strategic projects including new products and regulatory change driven projects.
- Providing general commercial and corporate advice.
- Providing advice on legislative change and regulatory developments.
Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years’ post admission experience
- Bachelor of Laws
- Current practising certificate
- Significant experience within the funds management or financial services industry
- A top tier legal firm background together with secondment or in-house experience acquired in a quality funds management or financial services firm is highly desired
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, coupled with the ability to proactively manage stakeholder’s expectations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- Cross jurisdictional experience will be viewed favourably.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for a senior lawyer who is looking to progress their career with a leading and growing player in the funds management industry. Magellan seeks an outstanding lawyer who can also effectively align themselves to Magellan’s strategic goals and work with the business to achieve them. If you are a commercially minded lawyer with strong funds management experience please apply.
To apply please follow the link or email our exclusively retained consultant, Tom Eckardt, at Tom@EGConsulting.com.au or call on 02 9043 8734. All third-party applications will be forwarded to EG Consulting for review.
To Apply please contact Thomas Eckardt on +612 9043 8734 or via email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, please click apply below to send us your CV.