Are you interested in working for one of the leading financial services/asset management companies in Australia? Are you a junior lawyer who is open to international travel when necessary? Are you keen to work in a small, close knit legal team that is seen as integral part of the business? Then carry on reading!
This role is with a leading financial services company based in Sydney. The company operate on a global scale and have offices internationally. The company has a good culture that encourages open interaction between the legal, risk, compliance and business operations teams.
The role will be reporting directly into the Head of Legal and the successful candidate will be expected to take the lead on projects from day one. A lawyer in this team is expected to be able to provide commercially relevant advice and services across the business, working a wide range of tasks including; fund management, financial services and corporate governance/transactions.
- Advising on broader commercial agreements including confidentiality agreements, vendor/supplier agreements and licence agreements.
- Assisting on key strategic projects including new products and regulatory change driven projects.
- Providing general commercial and corporate advice.
- Providing advice on legislative change and regulatory developments.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ post admission experience
- Current practising certificate
- A top tier legal firm background together with secondment or in-house experience is required
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, coupled with the ability to proactively manage stakeholder’s expectations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
This is an opportunity for a junior lawyer to progress their career in a market leading, innovative team and company. The role will provide the opportunity to grow and develop under leading lawyers and experts in their field, while helping the business work towards it’s strategic and commercial goals.
To Apply please contact Thomas Eckardt on +612 9043 8734 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please click apply below to send us your CV.