The role is with a leading financial services company, who operate on a global scale. They provide their clients the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals and securing a better financial future.
The role will support the business functions and ensure that the business is regarded to the highest standards to regulators with excellent compliance standards and strong commercially focus legal acumen. This role will also manage the Company Secretariat function.
- Manage the Company Secretariat function including coordinating and preparing minutes for monthly board meetings.
- Provide high level, complex general and specific legal advice to the business in relation to our funds management business. This will include coverage of both retail and institutional areas in trading, product development and administration, marketing and general corporate.
- Advice on Product Issues (including significant involvement in the product development process, fund registration, disclosure documentation and marketing).
- Contractual drafting, negotiations and administration (including IMAs and vendor/service Contracts).
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Qualification in Law. Admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction or equivalent regulatory regime
- Prior experience (equivalent to 8 or more years) as a legal practitioner in the financial services industry (whether in private practice or in an in-house role).
- A thorough knowledge of the law as it affects the managed funds industry as well as the general corporate laws and regulatory requirements (including specifically familiarity with Corporations Act (Chapter 5C & 7 in particular).
- Awareness of developments in the funds management industry that have the potential to impact on the business.
- Some experience in the negotiation of ISDAs and Futures Agreements desirable but not essential.
- Company secretary experience desirable but not essential provided candidate is able to demonstrate experience relevant to the area of work and minute taking.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
The role will offer the chance to work in an innovative, close knit team which strives to be a front of their field. There is the chance to grow and develop within a market leading company.
To Apply please contact Thomas Eckardt on +612 9043 8734 or via email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, please click apply below to send us your CV.